#LoveOzYABloggers - Fantasy


#LoveOzYABloggers is hosted by #LoveOzYA, a community led organisation dedicated to promoting Australian young adult literature. Keep up to date with all new Aussie YA releases with their monthly newsletter, or find out what’s happening with News and Events, or submit your own!

The #AusYABloggers team is very happy to have teamed up with #LoveOzYA to present #LoveOzYABloggers.

Fantasy - Sarah's Entry


I really enjoyed seeing everybody's High school prompted books last time around and here's hoping even more of you share your own this time. Without further ado here is the second theme  - Fantasy.


A big part of me just wanted to list the first three books in Lynette Noni’s Medoran Chronicles. Noni’s captivating fantasy series has fast become one of my all-time favourites alongside Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. And she’s only put out the first three books!

> > Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles #1) by Lynette Noni < < 

A fast and fun read that had me dying to get my hands on the second book. A strong start to an entertaining and captivating series. The main characters are all easily likable and I fell for them immediately. New friends are made, a whole new world is discovered, as are all new dangers. The story was fast paced, easy to read and flowed really well. 

Now my minds going off on a tangent, thinking of books that I never shut up about. The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf and The Tribe trilogy springs to mind. Yeah, it’s normally listed as a Dystopian but I have seen it as Fantasy, and it’s just so fantastic how could I not bring it up. Yep that works for me.

> > The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf (The Tribe #1) by Ambelin Kwaymullina < < 

This story is fresh and exciting. It is action packed, high danger with just the right about of young romance. Ashala is amazing, in fact so are all the Tribe members and Ashala’s connection to natural world is truly beautiful.
Kwaymullina writing flows beautifully and is filled with powerful energy. This book was a real pleasure to read and had me racing out to read the second book.

Now I’m thinking, ok I’ve got two awesome Aussie ladies how about an awesome Aussie fella to finish off the third – enter Jay Kristoff and Nevernight.

> > Nevernight (The Nevernight Chronicle #1) by Jay Kristoff < <

I haven’t read this one, but it is sitting on my shelf waiting for me and I’m super keen. All the reviews I’ve read have praised Kristoff for its action filled stabby-stabby awesomeness and positive and empowering sexiness. It is listed as YA but I’ve seen some reviewers question whether it is too descriptive with its violence and sex scene to be classed as such. But teens can handle a lot more than they are given credit for. Parental prerogative, I do not intend to censor reading material. 

There is nothing better when this world is getting you down then getting swept off into another. Am I right? Yes, yes I am.



2 comments

  1. Hi, I've done a post on this topic (https://readingthroughthenight.wordpress.com/2017/07/18/australian-fantasy-novels/) and I was just wondering where/how were were meant to link up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you're taking part! If you follow this link, you can see how to link up with the other posts. http://loveozya.com.au/loveozyabloggers/

      Delete

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.