#LoveOzYA Throwback Thursday (#1)

Throwback Thursday edition is our way of spreading the love of backlist Aussie books that you might have missed. We'll hopefully be posting a new book each week, and we'd love you to join us!

chiara's pick

Title: Wildwood Dancing (Wildwood Dancing #1)
Author: Juliet Marillier
Released: November 10th 2007
Publisher: Pan Australia
Add it to Goodreads
Jena, along with her five sisters and constant companion, the frog she calls Gogu, lives in a crumbling castle on the fringe of a wildwood in Transylvania. Theirs has always been a privileged if somewhat restricted life, however, the girls share a fantastic secret, which they have kept hidden even from their family for twelve long years.

When Jena's father falls ill and must leave their forest home over the winter, Jena and her older sister Tati are left in charge. Everything runs like clockwork until a tragic accident allows their greedy cousin Cezar to take control. When it becomes clear that their secret is in danger of discovery, Jena knows there is only one place, no matter how dangerous, she can go to for help...

why i chose it

I read Wildwood Dancing because it kept on following me everywhere. Every time I went into a bookstore, that beautiful cover was right there. The blurb on the back of the book is one of those four liners which give absolutely nothing away, so I wasn't sure what it was going to be like. And then when I read it, it was one of the most richly woven, beautifully told fantasy novels I have ever read.

The bonds between the five sisters is absolutely beautiful, the romances are bittersweet, and the setting is absolutely gorgeous (castles! In Romania!).

Wildwood Dancing quickly became a favourite novel, and I still call it my absolute favourite to this day. You don't even want to see my original copy! (Hint: it has a bent spine, and dust stains.)

If you want an Aussie fantasy to blow you out of the water, I highly recommend picking up this lovely book.

Follow Chiara at Books for a Delicate Eternity, Twitter, Instagram, and Goodreads


What's your pick for this week? Share on your blog, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or in the comments below! Make sure you tag your posts with #AusYABloggers so we can share the love.

4 comments

  1. I hadn't heard of this one at all! I completely missed the 2000s in terms of Aussie releases. This sounds like a great one to catch up on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to have put it on your radar, Nicole! It's absolutely wonderful. Hope you enjoy <3

      Delete
  2. I've just added it to my Goodreads! I'm all about strong sisterly relationships and it sounds absolutely delicious! A friend of mine adores the series as well but I'm still yet to read a Juliet Marillier book. I shall rectify this immediately!

    Brilliant throwback! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I really hope you love it as much as I do, Kelly. It's so special, and beautiful. It was my first Marillier book as well, so I think it's a great book to start with!

      Thank you so much <3

      Delete

© AusYABloggers. Design by Fearne.